Thursday, March 22, 2018

Cover Outline


I wanted to dedicate this post to explaining and outlining the cover of my magazine.

As shown in the center of the photo below, I have drawn what is a rough draft of the cover, including the masthead/title, dateline (issue & season), main image, and where the coverlines may be located. And I am yet to create an official selling line.

Since most of what is written in the photo cannot be read clearly, I will rewrite the information in this post, below the photo. 




Masthead: The title, The Calligraphist, will be made through photoshop, illustator, or through a font found in typekit and hopefully I can create a hand-written-like effect. Otherwise, I will just make it a fancy, 3D cursive font.

Image result for calligraphy  effects
Image result for calligraphy typography effects

Image result for calligraphy  effects
                      















Dateline: Because the overall topic of my magazine is quite specific, I do not plan on having weekly nor monthly issues, but issues according to the seasons: summer, fall, winter, and spring. So the dateline will consist of the "Season" and "Issue." I want them to be simple, serif font that contrasts with background.

Components in main image: For the calligraphy ink in the background, I will create a new brand to stick on the little jars and use it for the advertisement as well. The word(s) on the paper won't specifically be "the," as this was just a rough draft, so I can write anything, which can then tie into an original content article.

Coverlines: As for the coverlines, none are specifically determined yet, but they may be along the lines of "10 Tips for Beginners," "Wedding Preparation Ideas," "Learn How To Create a Logo!," "Behind the Story of....," etc.


Citations:
“Inkwell: Ink Effect for Photoshop.” Go Media™ Arsenal, arsenal.gomedia.us/shop/effects-layer-styles/inkwell-ink-effect-for-photoshop/.
“Gold Leaf Effects.” Tshirt-Factory Blog, 13 Nov. 2014, blog.tshirt-factory.com/gold-leaf-effects.html.
Lenker, Jason. “Watercolor Text Effects.” Pinterest, 8 July 2015, www.pinterest.com/pin/262475484510160914/.
“Calligraphy Animated Handwriting.” Calligraphy Animated Handwriting - After Effects Templates, motionarray.com/after-effects-templates/calligraphy-animated-handwriting-58209.

No comments:

Post a Comment