Sunday, March 18, 2018

Group Meetups

So this week, I met with other classmates to go over our projects so far and when we got to mine, I was kind of surprised to know that no one really knew what calligraphy was. And knowing this, it makes me more motivated, though slightly hurt, to make this a better,  informative, and meaningful magazine, even through only a few pages.

Some things they touched on were:
  • title change--> "Calligraphy and Me"
  • reccuring wedding articles
  • articles on special events
  • clothing that includes text
  • do-it-yourself activities
  • daily life activities that include writing
After they mentioned changing the title to "Calligraphy and Me," I thought about it: it would make the magazine more personal and directed to a "me," rather than focusing of the target audience/readers, and content would be implied to focus most on work made by "me" rather than by the journeys and processes of others. It would kind of go against my underlying purpose of the magazine, which is to appeal to the target audience and focus on their own success through reading articles and following tips suggested by the words in the magazine. Although, I will keep the suggestion in mind and if I feel like it could fit, I could change it.

The rest of the topics on weddings, events, DIY's, etc. were all things I already knew I will somehow incorporate into my magazine.

But most of what they talked about to me became confusing because they did not well understand what exactly I was trying to say I was going to include in my magazine, but all resulted well after they finally did understand. And I hope to ask others for questions or points of confusion that they would suggest I change in my ideas so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment