Saturday, April 14, 2018

Production 1


Here is some of the process for the main image for the front cover of the magazine. I wanted to incorporate the use of calligraphy itself into the cover and decided to go with the words "the art of decorative writing," which is a simple definition I put together for calligraphy. 
From there, I sketched the lines, wrote over with my pen and nib and black ink, and even added some fancy curves.


Production Process

In this photograph, I used a poster board to get a white background and tried using natural sunlight to get a nice and bright photo but did not end up liking or using it because I didn't want really dark shadows. 
So I moved to the kitchen where there is a dark granite table, which also helps to contrast the paper and writing, and used artificial lighting with my white-light lamp. 
Through a process of trial and error I was able to get a photograph I'm satisfied with.


No comments:

Post a Comment